In 1948 Russel S Robinson developed a .50 caliber aircraft machinegun for the Oceanians. This little-known wonder weapon was several orders of magnitude lighter than the Browning .50 M2, and could be shoulder-fired with ease, due to it's ingenious recoil management system. The Oceanian government never adopted the weapon, and so Robinson pitched the design to New Corda's military. The Cordians were very impressed with the weapon, and asked Robinson to develop a version in their 13x113mm CMG caliber for use as a heavy machine gun to replace the aging MGP-1921. The resulting weapon was accepted in 1949 and issued in 1950 (hence "Pattern 1950") for use as a tank coaxial weapon, pintle-mounted machinegun for vehicle turrets, anti-aircraft gun and later as a door gun for helicopters. .50 BMG, 14.5mm Russian and 15.5mm FN versions were also manufactured by Castle Arms for export purposes. The old Pattern '50 is still in service as the HMGT-2003, retrofitted with all the trappings of the modern age, and has been exported to multiple nations. A 20mm version is used as the coaxial gun for Cordian MBTT-42 "Leatherneck" main battle tanks and as the main weapon of the light variant of the "Loggerhead" Infantry Fighting Vehicle. 25 and even 30mm versions have been made, but are not currently in use with any branch of the military. A downscaled version in .338 Norma Magnum is currently being tested to fill the role of Medium Machine Gun within the Expeditionary Corps.